Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beasties Stay Out


The feral cats of Kettletown Woods Road are on the move this Spring, but they won't be taking up residence under the CanDunker. Nor will any of the skunks, opossums, raccoons, woodchucks, foxes, coyotes, rabbits, bobcats, unicorns or dragons that call our neighborhood home. I attached hardware cloth (think really heavy duty screening) all around the base of the shed and buried it 4-6" below ground. To pretty it up, I installed lattice over the top of the hardware cloth and burried it to the same depth. Now unless the neighborhood beasties plan to do the Great Escape in reverse I'm hoping the space under the shed remains vacant.

I've already seen a couple of cats nosing around. When they notice the screening and see me watching them, they just give a hurt look and walk away. That's right. Move it along, Garfield. No vacancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment