Monday, December 8, 2008

Topping Out


So apparently I have not alienated all of the neighbors with my Shed4Ed construction project. A couple of nights ago, just after dinner while I was trying to wrangle the girls into getting ready for bed, I was surprised by a rapping on the sliding door to the deck. Thinking the neighbors had finally organized a posse to bring me in, I jumped 3 feet in the air, just about pissed my pants and let out a startled yell. (More like a high pitched scream if you ask Alex). It was our neighbor Mike bearing not arms, but a 3 foot cedar tree. After I stopped hyperventilating and he stopped laughing, Mike explained that had brought the tree over to help "top out" the shed.

I know that technically it's supposed to go on top of the structure, but it was too late, dark and cold to dig out the ladder and rig up the tree on the roof. I also figured just pitching it up onto the roof would be in poor taste. So in a quick, impromptu ceremony I laid the tree up against the shed for luck. Maybe I should have invited all the other neighbors, too.

1 comment:

  1. We want the window box :-) It is the finishing touches that always get me. 95% done, and forever to get the last 5% nailed down. It looks great, and a topping out tree. How can you beat that.

    ReplyDelete